Monday, August 4, 2014

Transfers and being comps with a Zone Leader

I have been transferred to Yasufuruichi, part of the Hiroshima zone. My comps name is Ootani and he is a zone leader but I am not. The other zone leader went with the other missionary in our apartment. I'm the district leader. Its weird and I don't know why it happened the way it did but basically I'm probably with one of the best missionaries in the mission. He is crazy good. I'll tell you more about him in a bit.

Tuesday I got my call and started to say goodbye to all of the members and friends. We went to the H family and said my last goodbyes. The weird thing is the son really seemed to be sad so that really made me sad as well.

On Wednesday we stopped by some of our members and investigators to try to see if we could get in one last lesson.  We finally met A. She was not looking too good. She seems to be struggling right now. I wish I could help her more but I'm transferring.  We tried to go to E but she wasn't home. I wrote a note for her and left it at her house.

Photo Credit - Danny Nakamura
At eikaiwa, we had the most people ever come. 30 people came. That's more than what comes to church. Some how the word got around I was transferring and a lot of them gave me gifts. It made me sad when everyone kept saying "I'll miss you".

As I left on Thursday, it wasn't really that hard to leave. I had a feeling they would be okay and things will turn out great. That left peace in my heart as I got on the train. My wheels on my suit case broke so I had to just drag it on the ground everywhere. As we rode a long bus ride to Hiroshima. I finally got to the apartment and did weekly planning with Ootani. He is such an amazing missionary. I'm glad I can be his companion. He knows so much and he works so hard. Right now we have 3 baptismal dates. We actually set one on Sunday. I'll talk about that later.

Friday we just walked everywhere. The past few days have been rough because of that and the heavy rain. But trying to dendo on a higher level takes a lot out of you. I haven't had so much feed back as to how to become a better missionary up until now. He has helped me so much already.

Later on that day we had a meeting called " the 200 member project". Little Branch of about 40 has a weekly meeting on Friday to think of ideas on how to strengthen the branch. They plan activities, ask about investigators, and set plans to help them. It's like weekly planning for the Branch. It was amazing. The members there put so much interest into the work. I've never seen such hard work from members until now. They really want to help the work, and it is going great here.

Saturday we went out and worked hard. Again I was dead beat tired. I thought I worked hard. I do work hard. But there is something different here that just kills you. I'm trying to find out what that is.

I don't really remember much of what happened then but we were able to meet a less active who is never able to meet. We found him on the street and he was super happy to see us.

Sunday we had a lesson before church with this college student named M. He found the church through eikaiwa and accidentally started going to church. Eventually the Elders asked if he wanted to learn the lessons and he said yes.  Sunday was the first lesson. We taught the restoration. Oh my gosh! Best lesson I have ever had. I don't know how Ootani does it. He is an amazing teacher. Asks the perfect questions. Knows when to move on and connect things perfectly. I thought I did a good job... but man I'm just a normal missionary when compared to him. The best thing is that M showed sooooo much interest. I haven't really had an investigator who has done that. All other lessons have been pulling teeth for them to want to learn. He asked perfect questions which eventually lead to a baptismal date for the 7th of September. After wards we had church and each companionship had an investigator at church. The Ward is so warm and there is a special spirit here. I haven't felt this for a long time. I'm super happy I'm here. I'm glad I'm with Ootani. I hope he puts up with me. I'm not the best but I hope I can learn a lot from him. Already I feel my Japanese is improving. He actually wants to help me, or at least that's what I think. I hope we can see many miracles here!

Love,

Jameson Choro

No comments:

Post a Comment